Vrei să trimiți un mesaj cuiva drag?
Ai nevoie de puțină inspirație pentru o felicitare?
Vrei să pregătești o surpriză romantică?
Dacă ai răspuns la vreuna dintre întrebările de mai sus cu DA, atunci lista noastră de citate îți va prinde numai bine. Mai jos vei avea parte de citate deosebite despre dragoste, oferte de personaje istorice precum Einstein, Lincoln, Bacon, Ghandi și mulți mulți alții.
70 de Citate in Engleza Despre Dragoste
1. “In the end, it’s not going to matter how many breaths you took, but how many moments took your breath away” – Shing Xiong
2. “Have you ever wondered which hurts the most: saying something and wishing you had not, or saying nothing, and wishing you had?” – Author Unknown
3. “The only true wisdom is, knowing that you know nothing.” – Socrates
Lângă un citat deosebit, o carte deosibită de dragoste s-ar putea să-ţi schimbe perspectivele.
4. “Many of the things you can count don’t count. Many of the things you can’t count really count.” – Albert Einstein
5. “When your life flashes before your eyes, make sure you’ve got plenty to watch.” – Anonim
6. “You live longer once you realize that any time spent being unhappy is wasted.” – Ruth E. Renkl
7. “It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are.” – E.E. Cummings
8. “The secret to staying young is to live honestly, eat slowly, and lie about your age.” – Lucille Ball
9. “We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.” – Sam Keen
10. “Making love is celestial, making war is terrifying.”- Simona Oncescu Tunaru
11. “A ship in harbor is safe, but that’s not what ships are built for.”- John A. Shedd
12. “Happiness is like a butterfly: the more you chase it, the more it will elude you. But if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.” – Thoreau
13. “Nothing is too small to know and nothing too big to attempt.” – William Van Horne
14. “Follow your heart, but don’t forget to take your brain with you.” – Author Unknown
15. “Young men are fitter to invent than to judge, fitte for execution than for counsel, and fitter for new projects than for settled business.” – Francis Bacon
16. “Reason and love keep little company together.”- Shakespeare
17. “Last, but not least.” – Shakespeare
18. “All the world’s a stage (and all the men and women merely players)” – Shakespeare
19. “The difficulty is not so great to die for a friend, as to find a friend worth dying for.” –Homer
20. “Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?” – Lincoln
21. “There is a magnet in your heart that will attract true friends. That magnet is unselfishness, thinking of others first, when you learn to live for others, they will live for you.” – P. Yogananda
22. “Friendship with oneself is all-important because without it one cannot be friends with anyone else in the world.” – E. Roosevelt
23. “I don’t know what your destiny will be, but one thing I do know: the only ones among you who will be really happy are those who have sought and found how to serve.” – A. Schweitzer
24. “If we are to judge of love by its consequences, it more nearly resembles hatred than friendship.” – La Rouchefoucauld
25. “We are never so defenseless against suffering as when we love.” – Sigmund Freud
26. “Think up something appropriate and do it.” – E. Watson Howe
27. “Love is an act of endless forgiveness, a tender look which becomes a habit.” – Peter Ustinov
28. “If someone thinks that love and peace is a cliché that must have been left behind in the 60’s, that’s his problem. Love and peace are eternal.” – John Lennon
29. “One word frees us of all the weight and pain of life: that word is love.” – Sophocles
30. “Experience is how life catches up with us and teaches us to love and forgive each other.” – Judy Collins
31. “The greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being.” – Tenzin Gyatso
32. “Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
33. “Life lived in love will never be dull.” – Leo Buscaglia
34. “Life is meaningless only if we allow it to be. Each of us has the power to give life meaning, to make our time and our bodies and our words into instruments of love and hope.” – Tom Head
35. “The more I think it over, the more I feel that there is nothing more truly artistic than to love people.” – Vincent van Gogh
36. “Your task is not to seek love, but merely to seek & find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.” – Rumi
37. “Love’s greatest gift is its ability to make everything it touches sacred.” – Barbara De Angelis
38. “Why love if losing hurts so much? We love to know that we are not alone.” – C. S. Lewis
39. “Keep feeling the need for being first. But I want you to be the first in love. I want you to be the first in moral excellence. I want you to be the first in generosity.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
40. “We have before us the glorious opportunity to inject a new dimension of love into the veins of our civilization.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
41. “We look forward to the time when the Power of Love will replace the Love of Power. Then will our world know the blessings of peace.” – William E. Gladstone
42. “Every time we love, every time we give, it’s Christmas.” – Dale Evans
43. “Love and kindness are never wasted. They always make a difference. They bless the one who receives them, and they bless you, the giver.” – Barbara De Angelis
44. “Wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving”. – Kahlil Gibran
45. “Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.” – Gary Zukav
46. “We need not to think alike to love alike.” – David Ferenc
47. “Do what you love, and you will find the way to get it out to the world.” – Judy Collins
48. “I love you not only for what you are, but for what I am when I am with you. I love you not only for what you have made of yourself, but for what you are making of me. I love you for the part of me that you bring out.” – Elizabeth Barrett Browning
49. “Marriage is not a noun; it’s a verb. It isn’t something you get. It’s something you do. It’s the way you love your partner every day.” – Barbara De Angelis
50. “Most of what we take as being important is not material, whether it’s music or feelings or love. They’re things we can’t really see or touch. They’re not material, but they’re vitally important to us.” – Judy Collins
51. “Love is a choice you make from moment to moment.” – Barbara De Angelis
52. “Instead of a bottom-line based on money and power, we need a new bottom-line that defines productivity and creativity as where corporations, governments, schools, public institutions, and social practices are judged as efficient, rational and productive not only to the extent they maximize money and power, but to the extent they maximize love and caring, ethical and ecological sensitivity, and our capacities to respond with awe and wonder at the grandeur of creation.” – Mihael Lerner
53. “If you aren’t good at loving yourself, you will have a difficult time loving anyone, since you’ll resent the time and energy you give another person that you aren’t even giving to yourself.” – Barbara De Angelis
54. “Lord, make me an instrument of your peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy.” – Francis of Assisi
55. “Keep love in your heart. A life without it is like a sunless garden when the flowers are dead. The consciousness of loving and being loved brings a warmth and richness to life that nothing else can bring.” – Oscar Wilde
56. “The one thing we can never get enough of is love. And the one thing we can never give enough of is love.” – Henry Miller
57. “The modern fairy tale ending is the reverse of the traditional one: A woman does not wait for Prince Charming to bring her happiness; she lives happily ever after only by refusing to wait for him — or by actually rejecting him. It is those who persist in hoping for a Prince Charming who are setting themselves up for disillusionment and unhappiness.” – Susan Faludi
58. “At the center of nonviolence stands the principle of love.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
59. “Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
60. “The real enemy can always be met and conquered, or won over. Real antagonism is based on love, a love which has not recognized itself.” – Henry Miller
61. “Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much a heart can hold.” – Zelda Fitzgerald
62. “We can live without religion and meditation, but we cannot survive without human affection.”- Tenzin Gyatso
63. “Forgiveness is choosing to love. It is the first skill of self-giving love.” – Mohandas (Mahatma) K. Gandhi
64. “Kindness trumps greed: it asks for sharing. Kindness trumps fear: it calls forth gratefulness and love. Kindness trumps even stupidity, for with sharing and love, one learns.” – Marc Estrin
65.“We must develop and maintain the capacity to forgive. He who is devoid of the power to forgive is devoid of the power to love. There is some good in the worst of us and some evil in the best of us. When we discover this, we are less prone to hate our enemies.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
66. “Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I will not forget you. Love me and I may be forced to love you.” – Wlliam Arthur Ward
67. “Love is an emotion experienced by the many and enjoyed by the few.” – George Jean Nathan
68. “For I must tell you that we artists cannot tread the path of Beauty without Eros keeping company with us and appointing himself as our guide.” – Thomas Mann
69. “Better to have loved and lost, than to have never loved at all.” – St. Augustine
70. “A woman with one lover is an angel, a woman with two lovers is a monster, a woman with three lovers is a woman.” – Victor Hugo
Care este citatul tău favorit din această listă?
Ai vreun citat care consideri că ar fi trebuit să facă parte din această listă?